Friday, November 12, 2010

Our Picture Book - Pukeko's A - Z School Travels

Room 4 have been busy writing narratives over the past 5 weeks. We have also been reading lots of picture books an fairy tales to get ideas for our narratives. One of the interesting picture books that inspired us was "Animalia" by Graeme Base - it is full of vivid language, alliteration and uses the A - Z writing format.

We used some of these ideas when creating our Feet First Picture Book based on safe travel to school.

Our main character is Pukeko (named after one of our school houses). He wants to get to Bird School in lots of different ways. Have a read and see what you think!

It is called "Pukeko's A - Z School Travels"

Pukeko's A - Z School Travels

6 comments:

Richmond Primary School said...

I love those illustrations of Pukekos. You must all be experts by now. I am going to show my Y1 class next week when we get back to school.
Mrs Eden Room 13 Richmond Primary Nelson

Ms Hall said...

Love the pukes. Will show my Room 4 on Monday!!!

Tracy said...

Fantastic language used in your book. I love the way you have used the Graeme Base book for inspiration. What a great resource to share with others.

Visit the boys at www.room1motumaohoschool.blogspot.com

Mr Wood said...

Well done on an excellent book, I loved it. Good luck with the competition.

Amie said...

Wow, what an adventure Pukeko has had! I love the illustrations and alliteration. You are obviously a clever, creative and cool class ;)

I will be reading this book to my two year old tomorrow and I know she will love it.

Kiwi Nomad said...

Thanks for sharing your book online. I think it is fantastic! It was really interesting to read, and I love your illustrations as well. I have told some other people about your book, so they can look as well!
Margaret

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON OUR BLOG!!

All comments are moderated by our teacher before being published online.

Please write your comment and then choose 'Name/URL' from the drop down menu where it says "comment as" when leaving your comment below, then write your FIRST name. It is against our blogging guidelines to include last names, so we ask that you abide by this also please. Parents, please use your first name to comment, or identify yourself as "John's Mum" etc.

We'd also love to know where in the world you come from if you are a new visitor.

THANKS, FROM ROOM 4 & Rachel :)